mercoledì, gennaio 11, 2006

Zoom zoom zoom

StatCounter tells me I have a reader in Pakistan! Yay Pakistan! Did you know, reader in Pakistan, that this site is censored in China? Liberal Islamic Federal Republic 1, Fake-Ass Free Market Communist State 0! Oh, what a wicked world we live in.

That having been said, the woman who is proofing my thesis in the lovely city of Strasbourg is SO FAST! It will be through soon soon I think - so things are looking quite nice in the land of Mlle La Spliffe today.

Birgit Nilson died at the age of a million or so. I hope she had a happy life. Famous sopranos always seem to be pissed off about something. No other news. My new Italian class is pretty awesome, the people in it talk a lot more and I don't feel like the smartest, which isn't what I want to be feeling when I'm trying to learn stuff. I'm afraid I'm going to miss Stéphane Rousseau's show in Paris. Booooooooo, because he's likely to be the only bit of attractive manhood in the entire city and I'll need a fucking laugh and a half after the defense is over. I suppose I could just hold my breath and twirl, and twirl, and twirl!

And then, you know, feel all good I'm done with that shit and see some operas. I'm starting to be a little bewildered by how much I'll have to pack into such a little trip. Here are things I need to do:

1. Defend my thesis
2. See five people in Paris as much as possible
3. See one person in Paris not at all
4. See one person in Padova
5. See family in Calabria - about six people
7. See grandparents in Yorkshire - two of them
8. See one lady in Oxford
9. Buy some psychedelic cats

Can I do this in two weeks? Sure. Will I come home fucked sideways with exhaustion, confusion, and post-traumatic disorder from all the epiphanies and aeroplanes? Yes. I really need to see if I can get an extra week. I think I'll mail myself some reefer. Can't rely on people my age or older to have it any more - we've got all responsible, doncha know. FEB used to think reefer was a government-and-corporate-sponsored tool to keep young people from becoming involved in politics. I think he probably read a much more plausible theory about crack and the Black Panthers and got confused from all the reefer he was smoking.

Mmmmmmm.

Reefahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Soon, my precious, soon. I just have to finish with my stupid piece of crap thesis about you.

6 commenti:

The Outer Church ha detto...

Happy new year! I wish you a fabulous 2006! Now put my blog on yr link list ;-)

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Okay. I'll even endorse it.

This man's blog is funny. He writes funny things and puts up funny pictures, like Neil Diamond, but then he took it down, I believe because it was upsetting his tummy.

This message brought to you by Heavy Metal, that genre closest to Opera in modern popular music.

Lady ha detto...

just don't forget to get me some sweet black coffee.

i think we have the same reader in Pakistan, but i doubt they're actually in Pakistan - i think he/she just works for a Pakistani company in Canada. they went from me to you from a post in Tribe.

Anonimo ha detto...

How do you know that your site is censored in China?

Anonimo ha detto...

Boo to China.

At least it's China doing it... and not the company who runs Blogger (Google, I think). Microsoft's MSN censors its Chinese language blogs, and so the Chinese government doesn't have to worry about it. This way even the readers outside China can't see the blogs. Nasty, eh?

Here's a link to the article talking about it:
http://rconversation.blogs.com/rconversation/2006/01/microsoft_takes.html

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Ohhhhhhhh fuck!