sabato, marzo 18, 2006

Hello beasties

That 'no-drinking' shit didn't work at Terroni's - dear oh dear. I managed to keep the fat intake low and rewarded myself with as much wine as I could hide inside my stomach, reasoning that it's the gall bladder that's the real problem, not the liver, so I should balance shit out a bit. So I did get wasted for St. Patrick's Day after all, royally wasted even, despite turning down a co-worker's drink offer with the observation that it's a bit of a silly holiday for me to celebrate since my ancestors hunted the Irish for sport.

My, how do I keep the boys at bay?

Incidentally, people who only drink Guinness on St. Patrick's Day sicken me.

Anyways, I reccomend Terroni's. The waitresses look like extras from Buffy the Vampire Slayer in a hot way, and the food was good - the cheeseless pizza I ordered with all the vegetables had too much salt to compensate, but the bresaolo was fresh and soooooo soft, served with almost moist flakes of padano. And the sweets were lovely - I only had a bit of the tiramisu because of all that evil mascarpone, but it was some of the best I've had in Toronto. The flourless chocolate cake was AWESOME. Fuck not eating fat. I ate that. Mmmmm.

Nessun commento: