mercoledì, novembre 09, 2005

"There is no folly so besotted . .

that the idiotic rivalries of society, the prurience, the rashness, the blindness of youth, will not hurry a man to its commission."

Never thought I had much in common with Mr. Rochester - always thought I was more like sweet, morally upstanding, quietly clever Jane Eyre - but here I am. All of which is to say that in my post-needley temperature and illness I dreamt about my crazy ex 'spouse' (or whatever he counts as under French law), which suggests, Bertha Mason-esque, he's still locked in my mental attic. One of those nightmares where you're STILL THERE - nothing has changed and you wake up wondering how the hell to get out.

Can I make some friendly suggestions this miserable morning?

1. Don't use dumbfuck, dumbfuck reasons like these to convince yourself to commit to people, no matter how nice, rich, and loving they seem:
a)he/she is the opposite of the person who broke your heart before him/her
b) he/she is what this naughty world calls a '
catch' (see Mr. Rochester)

2. Leave as soon as you know you're going to

3. Being crazy-in-love-like-Beyoncé-Knowles (oh Pocket Dwellers - somebody let me know if I use too many similes, ok?) might not be all you need to make a relationship work, but take it away altogether and you're fucked

4. Out of all the fleshly sins (lust, gluttony, sloth, and anger), anger is by far the worst. Both to feel, and to watch. Day after day after motherfucking day

5. Reefer is for fun, not to help you ignore all the shitty things about your life you should be doing something about

6. There are far, far worse things in this life than being alone. So single people should stop. Fucking. Whining.




Enough of being a cautionary tale. Time for:

CUTE EXPRESSION OF THE DAY

Roman dialect from the Claudio Baglioni song 'Porta Portese': L'amore fa penà ma nun se mòre

Guess! Try saying it out loud. Clue: in AltaVista German - Liebeursachen schmerzen, aber töten Sie nicht

Don't listen to the song though. Poor Italian music. It's like when Puccini died they all decided not to care anymore.

4 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

WERE YOU *BORN* THIS RIGHT?
i'm SO glad i haven't had a dream about *that* ex in a long time.

don't ever use that Beyoncé line ever again. :smack:

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

*duck* I just did that to piss you off.

I wasn't born right, but I was 12 pounds and covered in hair like a great big orang-utan baby, so I had a head start.

Emlyn ha detto...

Worst than being alone? I don't know. You ever been alone? Really alone, for a very long time? Maybe you have; I don't know you. I haven't been alone like that, only enough to get a glimpse at how blindingly fucking horrible it would be, and frankly--yeah, maybe there is worse out there, but not much, because otherwise why would people suffer every indignity under heaven to stay with or stick by people, all in the terrible fear of being on their own?

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Are you talking romance? I don't know. People do and fear all sorts of ridiculous things for excellent reasons - it doesn't make the things any less ridiculous. Haven't you noticed?