venerdì, febbraio 17, 2006

Déja vu

Are you getting used to my Friday morning posts starting 'last night's analysis session was great'?

Last night's session was great - we had the best 'what do you want to do with your life' discussion I've ever had with anybody and dicussed this mad dream I'd had that involved, among other things, a tropical paradise, a dynastic marriage, throwing myself off a skyscraper and having sex in a furniture store. The transferrence period has started - he was the man I'd been making love to in the furniture store. I'd been expecting it and I'll deal with it, but I wish it had manifested itself differently, like the insane hero-worship crushes I had on a couple of university professors back in the day.

Still, I see the benefits. I could hardly even bear to look on, let alone talk to, the godliness of those particular profs when they were teaching me, which was a distraction from the subject at hand and which would make analysis more or less impossible. So this hasn't really changed the talking dynamic we have, as hero-worship would have. But you try telling your analyst you'd dreamt about him doing you on the floor of a furniture store. NOT EASY.

Anyways, I didn't; we just discussed other parts of the dream. We also discussed the upcoming trip. I think it's fair to say that if I survive it (fucking aeroplanes, fucking murderous ex-boyfriends, fucking maghrebin hash), I'll be coming home with a different sort of brain. It's funny to know that about the next three weeks - to know at the end of that time you'll be, you know, different.

Well, onwards and upwards.

Nessun commento: