mercoledì, gennaio 04, 2006

Couldn't sleep last night. Big good confidential news that has me excited about the future. You know, that sentence alone probably blows the confidentiality if anybody at all associated with it reads this. Oh well. I’M ANONYMOUS! MADEMOISELLE LA SPLIFFE IS NOT, IN FACT, MY REAL NAME! HA! Whatevs. Fuck. That ‘whatevs’ word is addictive. I used it for the first time to make fun of the New Criterion jive Johannes posted and now I can’t stop. Even ‘whatever’ is an abuse of English. I like ‘n’importe quoi’ – exactly the same term but damn, it sounds a whole fuckload cleverer then ‘whatevs’, especially when some jaded-ass Parisian says it. La politique étrangère états-unienne? C’est n’importe quoi. Ils font n’importe quoi dans la banlieue.

Yeah, whatevs. Et les français votent pour n’importe qui et veulent prendre leur retraite à 55 ans n’importe comment, même s’il faut baiser l'Afrique pour maintenir leur économie. Ca, c’est vraiment de n’importe quoi.

Jerks. Annnnnnyways . . . look, Moldova doesn’t even get its own sentence in this one. Speaking of forgetting the weak . . . it isn't just the Democrats anymore.

Gigi punked out of the erotic opera/dance production because he was almost as cracked out as Lady yesterday. So we're going Friday and last night I had a few drinks with my prospective informal roommate, did some proper writing, and listened to Marvin Gaye standards. Oh, I’d have been your witness, Mr. Gaye. The Dusty Springfield album I’ve lately picked up had her doing 'Can I Get a Witness' as well. I’d have been her witness too. A word of warning to fledgling Dusty fans – the bonus track remix of 'I Only Want to Be with You' on the A Girl Called Dusty CD is nowhere near as good as the single version. Her vocals come off less ballsy and there’s not enough bass. Can some awesome DJ please do a bass-heavy remix of that song? In Toronto? And let me know when and where?

2 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

PROSPECTIVE INFORMAL ROOMMATE WHAT??!??

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Take it easy, Portugezee. It's not sex.