martedì, gennaio 24, 2006

Do your time, then come home for good . . .

So the electioneering is over for a few years. I can't wait to see the feeding frenzy for the Liberal leadership - have a serious soft spot for Ignatieff. Not based on the fact that he's fine. Being the anti-TV trog I am, I hadn't knowingly seen a visual of him before yesterday.

Anyways, I'm not looking into emigrating to Finland quite yet.

Asking myself if I dealt with the thesis crunch well. First because I'm thinking the jury won't care it was submitted before the election results came in and I was playing a game of 'run-away-from-the-pyscho-killer-by-getting-into-your-apartment-extra-fast' with myself. Anyways, it got the bug out of my ass. Second because I went cocking crazy panicky Saturday. Never used to do that over academics. Of course, academics used to be my undergrad, which was a piece of piss.* I reacted to the panic by gorging on Korean junk food, canned coffee, and cigarettes. If I'd been sensible, I would have kept up my energy with perogies, ginseng, cardio, and NOT cigarettes. Now I feel gross and cranky as I stop smoking again. Not to mention I'm still looking like yellow translucent hell. I need to find better ways to panic, apparently. I should do that BEFORE the next time I panic.

In other news, it's the 1965th anniversary of the assassination of my favourite examplary case of why patrician classes self-destruct, Caligula. Winston Churchill died today too. Rather later, of course. Edith Wharton was born. The Age of Innocence was nice, don't be scared off by the Martin Scorcese film. Neil Diamond was also born on this day, once upon a Jonathon Livingston Seagull. I read something else by that author, Richard Bach, when I was fourteen or something - Illusions - don't remember it too well except I liked it and it made me really hungry.

*I wonder how 'piece of piss' got to mean super-easy. You reckon it's because you're saying something is as easy as peeing a little? Or because pee is liquid so it's easy to seperate into little sections which would be pieces if they weren't liquid? I reckon it's the first one.

Nessun commento: