lunedì, gennaio 30, 2006

Languor

I feel like raspy snakeshit. But I’m chilling. You know the last time I chilled? I don't. So I also feel great. Funny how physical problems bring us down less than stress-y or emotional ones. I suppose because 80% of the time our physical problems are reasonably transient shit like broken legs, nasty colds, torn ligaments, headaches, papercuts, menstrual cramps, food poisoning, alchohol poisoning and such, and we can always understand with problems like those that eventually they'll be okay - the knowledge the pain is temporary helps us ignore it while it's there. I wonder if it's possible or healthy to do that with our emotional problems. Maybe the point of a strong emotion is how it consumes all your attention and all your thoughts of the future – your unconscious more or less throwing down and saying ‘Sort me out, bitch! We’re not moving until you do!’

Hmmm. I wonder if I have any objectivity left about mental health after falling for Jung like a tonne of bricks. It’s become hard to believe, for example, that there are people who think about their minds without splitting them up into a conscious, unconscious, shadow, persona, et cetera, et cetera. Yet it looks quite arcane when I write it down. This must be what it’s like to be religious – a complete lack of comprehension about why people don’t believe the same things you do when they seem like big self-evident truth. I should be careful, but I don’t want to be. So there.

And so, I’m chilling. Reading Jung and Freakonomics, watching March of the Penguins and Jean de Florette, sleeping, smoking little hits, and occasionally hacking up a lung. Yes, I see a problem there. I think I’ll go make some brownies. After a little nap. Happy Monday, everyone.

6 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

NO FAIR.
... :(
i want a nap.
:)

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

I'm not doing a good job of napping because Freakonimics is too interesting. We should do swapsies with Bud Inc., if you're close to finished with that.

Lady ha detto...

i'm nowhere near finished with Bud Inc. - but if you think you can read through it fairly quickly - it's yours. i have no time to read books. books are big. i barely have time to read magazines.

damn you law&order!!

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Bring it on, bitch!

Or as they say in polite society, thank you :-)

That emoticon looks like me because of the big nose. Heeeee, I'm stoned on Monday afternoon.

Lady ha detto...

I WANT TO BE STONED ON A MONDAY AFTERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON...
:(

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

I'd feel bad for you, but it's ten past five so you're probably stoned now, forgetting you ever weren't. How's Richie Hawtin going?

Jean de Florette is going sad. French people are nasty, yo. But it's hard to feel sorry for him, because it's Gerard Depardieu, and all I can think of are all those romantic comedies. Booooooo to the romantic comedies.