martedì, dicembre 04, 2007

But the prettiest sight to see are the papers that will be served at your own front door

It's beginning to look a lot like divorce season. God, what a world. People getting so hard-bitten and cynically practical about their situations and carrying that over to the rest of the world. It makes me think, is that what we're supposed to look like when we grow up? Pursing our bitter lips and putting up with soul-destroying situations because we can count the days until we cut them off and perhaps 'benefit' from them?

Fuck, no. I refuse. I double-dutch refuse. Triple dutch. It feels like some behavioral manifesto has to come out of this year's divorce season for me - can't think exactly what though. Some sort of blend of 'to thine own self be true' and 'do onto others as you would have them do onto you' that I don't quite have the words for yet. 'Do onto others as you would do onto your own true self', I suppose.

There must be a catchier way to put it. Once I find it I plan on opening my own church, or founding my own branch of psychoanalysis.

6 commenti:

Hilts ha detto...

On this continent it's 'baby having time'.

Baywatch ha detto...

starting your own church. yes! now that's perfect a way to 'benefit' [from] others.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

I'm sorry to be missing Canada's own baby-having time instead of various Gallic tales of woe.

Seriously, Baywatch, and it would be more fun than divorcing someone after you get the visa.

Very politic of you, by the way, to forebear from accusing psychoanalysis of benefitting (from) others.

Baywatch ha detto...

er politic, yes...oh shit, is that my therapist over there? to the contrary, I think the Spliffy Method of Righteous Indignation Intervention (as expressed in the succeeding post) could work miracles with the world's morally challenged. seriously.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

That's very kind!

Dale ha detto...

That's the best post title I've seen in a while, I'm humming it right now.