venerdì, marzo 07, 2008

Mistress La Spliffe is perturbed

This entire trip has been hovering between triumph and disaster. It hasn't, actually, but it feels that way right this moment, because I'm trying to navigate a German keyboard. I can handle all the other keyboards I've had to handle but I hate handling this one. But today is not officially a Day Off and the wireless wasn't working in my hotel, which means I've been handling German keyboards to do my job, which is fine. And you know, I'm not sure how I feel about caring about my job. . . but it's just as well I started caring about it yesterday, though, because today was the first day I found a grey hair on my head, attached to me even, and if I still had a job I didn't care about when I started going grey I'd feel like shit.

So I started caring about my job when it fully came home to me what kind of assholes industrialists I have access to are. The answer is massive. Absolute fucking sons and daughters of bitches. I always knew business types are often cunts, of course; I used to work in advertising. But I'm talking organized criminality here, not just fucking with people's heads to trz to make them buy stuff or screwing over whoever you can to bring home a paycheque. What these people want is to be gangsters and for the rest of us to either ignore it, abet it, or cease to exist.

I tell you it took an extra 45 seconds for me to fall asleep last night, I was so pissed off by the answer to the first question Mistress La Spliffe has ever asked at a press conference - oh yes - I waved my hand and interrupted rudely in a forum where it was appropriate. Just like in the movies. It felt good but the answer I got made me want to fire the first shots of the revolution. It was the cuntiest thing I've ever heard a person say out loud in front of me. Not ill-natured, not dismissive; rhetorically speaking it was a perfectly cordial and helpful response to what was evidently considered an appropriate question. But I tell you, motherfuck. I was so pissed off.

Here's the long and short of it: the next time some asshole tries to Adam Smith you with some bullshit about how the free market has an invisible hand that will sort everything out if we let it roam free, spit in his or her face for me. The invisible hand of the free market will punch you in the balls or fucking goose you in a dark alleyway.

2 commenti:

Hipster Pit ha detto...

I really like it when you get allll riled up and go bananas on stuff. Dreamy.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

I'm so glad. Now that I care about my job it may happen more often.