martedì, giugno 17, 2008

The Red Dragon is educated by the internets

Thank you, BBC, for being good for more than keeping Dr. Who alive and trying to convince Britain and the World that the crappy ruling party isn't absolute crap. Their 'On This Day' feature yesterday informed me that on June 17 1961, Rudolf Nureyev made his break for the strong arms of capitalism, crying 'I want to be free!' Yes. Come to us, Rudolf. It also informed me that Rudolf Nureyev and Anthony Perkins had a thing, and what can I say except fuckin' A, Anthony - atta give hope to normal looking people everywhere. I mean, look at this:




And then this (and if you image google Rudolf Nureyev, by the way, even nakeder portraits from the 60's come up, and he was packing just the right amount of heat, I'd say):


Learning that Rudolf Nureyev and Anthony Perkins had a thing led me to learning that Victoria Principal was the one who turned Anthony Perkins on to women, and that Victoria Principal is sort of cool, and that Principal Victoria from South Park is named after her. Huh. And speaking of turn-on women: Cyd Charisse died, which is sad, though she had good long innings. She's one of the first women I can remember who made me think it might be nice to get intimate with a woman. She and Marlene Dietrich. To this day I understand, not merely as a sexual preference but as a fact, that women have incomparably better legs than men, both on average and in terms of the créme de la créme. Charisse, like Dietrich, was the créme. Look at those suckers:



You've got them as a point of comparison with Rudolf's, just above. And while Rudolf Nureyev may well have had the best legs a human male has ever had, honestly the only way you could pretend his legs were better than Cyd Charisse's legs is by pointing out that Rudolf's led to a fine package of heat at their junction, whilst Cyd's led up to something which I find about as entertaining and easy to solve as a Rubix cube, which isn't very, in case you were wondering.

3 commenti:

Hilts ha detto...

Loved her leggs too, and more!!

Rudolf Nureyev - hayseed me never really paid attention to him -oh, i knew the name, of course, but never seen him danse. however, they had a PBS documentary on him w/in the last year, and the shots of him dansing are incredible. Now, I love to danse, but Im no expert - someone said of Morrissey that in his frist shows, he exuded (parafrase, here) the dansing of someone w/ a newly freed soul(more lyrical when i first read it 20ya)-and that me, sorta. However, it was obvious w/in 5s of watching Nureyev perform that this guy is brilliant!

Cyd's hair -in certain movies - topps Rudolph.

Hilts ha detto...

perhaps tony would look better in his mothers cloths. One of my favourite movie lines - "Blood! Oh mother! Blood!"

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Anthony Perkins was a rocking actor though - I loved him in The Trial.