domenica, novembre 30, 2008

Die Flederbond

Dear oh dear. What a hilariously disastrous weekend. Well, it's hilarious now that it's over. Simply: the way the cookie crumbled meant that I spent Saturday night in an Amstelveen shell watching Quantam of Solace and You Don't Mess with the Zohan instead of Die Fledermaus, which I'll watch next Sunday instead in a a return visit to Amsterdam. Qualitatively, both Quantam of Solace and You Don't Mess with the Zohan were ridiculous, obtuse, and/or offensive in two or three ways each, but You Don't Mess with the Zohan actually made marginally more sense than Quantam of Solace.

Nonetheless I enjoyed Quantam of Solace more. It was funnier. The product placement was, once more, hideously intrusive, and combined with a two-hour search for cinematic grittiness that's just hilarious. The Jack-White-and-whoever-the lady-was-theme was yelpy, silly and helpfully reminded me why I don't like the White Stripes. And Daniel Craig is a peice of ass, which is always a pleasure.

God, what a silly weekend.

4 commenti:

Unknown ha detto...

It's a quantum. Quantum physics. Quantum chromodynamics. "Quantum mathematics" as a journalist fabricated when I went to math boot camp as a kid (there's no such thing, but it sounded good, just like he fabricated the story that I would miss out on my usual summer fishing). I've never trusted journalists since. Anyway. Quantum.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Darling, it was just a movie. And a remarkably bad one too. And I'm a journalist.

Baywatch ha detto...

I seriously do not get the Daniel Craig thing.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

It's a bit like the Charles Bronson thing. Sort of like an enormous dildo made out of granite with an ironic smile.