martedì, maggio 19, 2009

Alternatively, of course . . .

Watching the odd episode of A Bit of Fry and Laurie these days. I don't know if those two have ever been funnier. Including in Blackadder, which I loved them in. Maybe it's just the state of mind I'm in these days . . . a state of mind which makes sketches like this seem like the funniest thing ever:



I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm glad Hugh Laurie has found a way to make bajillions of dollars and enter the self-loathing erotic dreams of millions of women on House. But I don't get it. I don't understand how he 'makes' it with something that crappy, with a fucking hospital drama, to a greater degree than the brilliant, brilliant things he's done in the past. It's one of the great mysteries of the capitalist age, as far as I'm concerned. Hospital dramas in a more general sense are a mystery to me. I've never really got them. Oh well. It's given me time to do other things, like watch A Bit of Fry and Laurie repeats.

One sketch was rather striking given the current expenses scandal agitating Britain:

7 commenti:

guilty noodles ha detto...

I do love Hugh Laurie, but can only handle small doses of House if I'm needing a Laurie fix. I can't stand anyone else on the show it's just so damn formulaic. Same fucking episode everynight.

I read he's miserable here, making bagillions of dollars as his family resides back home. And he thinks his American accent makes him sound like a retard. And I run the Hugh Laurie website because there's an entire group of us suburban mothers who get a little too hot and heavy for Hugh.

I first discovered him on Friends (which I have to admit, I still love the show, as much as it shows how much bad taste I have):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXNd99IhdmA

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

I'm almost sorry I gave up on 'Friends' so fast, it meant I didn't see that until now. God. The man's comic timing is perfect. It just seems like such a criminal waste of genius, him being on 'House'.

You run a Hugh Laurie website? Where?

guilty noodles ha detto...

I was kidding about the Hugh Laurie website. It's just all the suburban moms are always in a tizzy over House.

His comic timing is genius! Sorry I ruin the Friends for you. I can still watch all the reruns because I have nothing better to do. Perhaps I should spend my time running a Hugh Laurie site instead.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Don't worry, Friends ruined Friends for me long ago!

Hilts ha detto...

love 'frenz'. have yet to see 'house'. What do y girls feel about the upcoming remake of "hogans hero's" set in Guantanumo ??

Who'll be Klink??

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

That's just a joke, no?

(http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i46458)

Although I'm sure there's already a few homemade parody versions of 'Hogan's Heroes' where Klink is some big fat American fuck bouncing around Youtube.

Hilts ha detto...

Is a joke, and rite after i joked it to the Yessica Dreadnaught, I thought "Hey - that'd be a good idea" and spent the next 30m thinking up skits.

My idea, don't tread.

Like who would?