martedì, luglio 21, 2009

Happy Leopold Day

The minimum to say for myself this morning, as once more I've stopped up late and once more don't have time before work. This time it was staying up late for work, which I wouldn't ordinarily do, but then we watched the fireworks from my office skyscraper, which were in celebration of the crowning of Leopold I, who was, however I feel about monarchy, at least a fuck sight less worse than Leopold II, and gave some small thought to the plight of labour in his industrializing country.

I'd never seen fireworks from above before, and frankly I don't reccommend it, it's diminishing. Nonetheless as we smoked a pipe down by the pond with the crocodile in it, and I heard the explosions start to go off for more minor shows, I came to an important realization: I'd be one of those people shitting myself and losing my mind if I was in a war situation. There's no way I would be able to keep it together with a bunch of bombs going off. Hopefully that peice of knowledge will never be useful . . .

Nessun commento: