lunedì, agosto 17, 2009

That pasta gave me herpes

So the F-word’s dad is arriving this evening, and I believe I mentioned on Friday I was a bit nervous. Last night I was boiling some pasta, some darling little witches’ hats the F-word constructed that are so good at scooping up a light brothy sauce, and forgot their efficient cupping action whilst trying to eat one to see if it was cooked. The boiling water therein dinged my lower lip, hurting like hell and now – well, it doesn’t hurt anymore, but there’s a small blister, which makes me look like I’ve got a herpes sore.

There are a few achievements in my life that I’m really proud of. One is grad school, another is functional polyglottism, and the third is having made it through three decades and vast tracts of men without getting herpes. And now the F-word’s father is visiting, and he’s going to see this little blister on my lip, and he’s not going to know who awesomely, incredibly herpes-free I am.

C’est la vie
.

1 commento:

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Luckily the F-word was a gentleman about it and explained the story to his father unsolicited.

"And, hah hah, it really looks like a herpes sore on her, doesn't it? But it's not. It's just a second degree burn. Hah hah hah. Thank god."