venerdì, gennaio 21, 2011

Sitting naturally high on a well-saddled horse

I used to think that when it came to don't-do-drugs songs, it was pretty much equivalent to wear-a-condom songs - there was only one good one. That's right, "2 Become 1" totally gives me a lady-boner. I can't believe I miss the Spice Girls, but in these degenerate times, I do. Not only did they have personalities, if pre-fab ones; I just can't see any modern pre-fab nympho pop productions singing about putting on a condom, certainly not so convincingly.



But I understand I'm a bit gay for the Spice Girls, mostly because of listening to Spice on headphones at the dentists whilst tripping my tits off on nitrous oxide and getting my wisdom teeth yanked out and it just being superb. Of course the reefer is my true love even if we're taking a break - moving to a country where it's illegal again after it having been such a casual, simple thing in Europe has just made the whole thing sort of sad and pathetic somehow. But reefer aside, now that my non-reefer drug days are probably more or less behind me (at least until I spend my old age tripping my ovaries out) I have to say I think tripping my tits off on nitrous oxide whilst getting my wisdom teeth yanked out and listening to Spice was the best drug experience I've ever had, and I've had some really nice ones. I need to get my hands on some more nitrous oxide. I hear that's the first drug pain relief when you give birth . . . hmm . . . maybe time to ignore "2 Become 1"'s contraceptive message. People have kids for dumber reasons.



Anyways, speaking of drugs, Curtis Mayfield's "No Thing On Me (Cocaine Song)" is the don't-do-drugs song that I used to reckon was the only good one, though then the F-word started bringing all these great reggae albums home and I realized I was wrong. It's still fucking good though.

4 commenti:

Dr Wommm ha detto...

The greatest anti-drug (LSD in this case) song ever, for my money, has got to be "Stop & Listen" by The Shag. A great bit of snotty '67 garage punk which can be heard here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow_e3i6zgSM

And if it's nitrous y're after, yr local catering supplies boutique should stock those excellent propellant refills for whipped cream cannisters, and guess what said propellant is? Yup, lovely pure N2O. Just don't buy the balloons in the same shop...

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

You know what you are, Dr Wommm? You're the very best kind of enabler - the provider. Bless you.

And it was quite snotty and nice, I think I have to listen to it much louder though.

Lady ha detto...

i think women live longer than men so we can trip our ovaries out in our old age IN PEACE.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

But while you'll have to push your kid into the medical field so that you can get the best opiates, all I'll have to do is make sure mine is strong enough to lift N2O canisters! Yay! Because doctors sure don't run in my family!