lunedì, agosto 13, 2012

Yeah okay Australian healthcare

As of this afternoon's ultrasounds, will have paid more out of pocket for this pregnancy than a full-blown preemie caesaerian crisis in Taiwan. I think the F-word and I might have to accelerate our Australian plan. I don't necessarily want to have Ren's little brother or sister here - language barriers might be the least of my overall worries.

First of all an update - I don't have pre-eclampsia. The panic from Friday seems to be mostly unwarrranted though the rest of this week will see an ongoing barrage of tests, associated with liver function and an slightly irregular outcome to my GTT test which seems to be down to me having a huge lunch with dessert (even during this pregnancy, not something I usually do) with some desirable elements of the F-word's family who are up for a visit. Pretty stupid I know, but in my defense, nobody warned me not to be stupid. We'll see how the testing this week goes.

2 commenti:

e.f. bartlam ha detto...

Very good news.

And the fact that one Chocolate Thunder from Down Under can throw off your test results shows just how close the monitor things.

I wonder what the ratio of actual problems detected to unnecessary ulcer caused is.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

That's a question I've been pondering all week.

Still waiting for all the blood tests but the ultrasounds showed a super-baby and totally normal liver/kidneys belonging to me. Really hoping this is just an amateur production of "Much Ado About Nothing" but also quite, quite pissed off by the possibility.