lunedì, giugno 03, 2013

Winter in the city

Today was one of those days when as soon as I walked out the door, people started giving me the shits. It happens a lot in L____. Fucking full of shitful people. Halfway downtown some lady who'd just been offended at the post office stopped me on the street and told me about it so that the next time I go in there I should cut the rude lady's brain with my tongue. And you know, in the abstract I don't have a problem with that sort of thing - the approaches from crazy people, not the brain-cutting-with-tongue. It's just something I associate with living in larger cities where there are benefits to make up for such things, like restaurants where I actually want to fucking eat and shops where I actually want to shop and some sort of fucking cultural life that extends beyond discussing housing renovations over overpriced woodfired pizza whose fucking magical hippie 1000 year old sourdough base taste like an old communion hostie.

But L____ is full of people with fucked up brains, shitty buskers, and panhandlers, as if it was some sort of fucking metropolis. I guess it's because you can't freeze to death here. In Canada you have to go somewhere big enough to have shelters, or to Vancouver. And I guess meth is permanently changing the nature of country towns all over the world. Even though Australians are so fucking half-assedly lazy they actually import their meth instead of cook it themselves. Immovably inert motherfuckers. God. No wonder these xenophobic fucks are so scared of boat people. Anybody with the fucking nous to scrape together such a big pile of money and brave so much uncertainty, danger and discomfort to come to this fucking place on a leaky Indonesian fishing boat is going to be able to put this fucking snoozefest of a culture on the barbeque and eat it for brunch.

Anyways, we're going to Canada soon, and with a little elbow grease Melbourne soon after, which is the least Australian place I've seen in Australia. I'll put up and shut up. Godzilla makes things easier. It's hard to keep a hold on a pisser when he smiles, which he does most of the time.

1 commento:

e.f. bartlam ha detto...

What is it with hippies and Pizza?

We have two hippie pizza places here in town...one a chain, the other local (they actually make pretty good pizza though).

Everywhere I go to work...there's a hippie pizza place.