giovedì, maggio 25, 2006

The Red Dragon sits and counts her little fingers

But insists on feeling better. Despite assoholicism up, down, and everywhere.

One thing making me feel better is this quiz from Shimura Curves. Usually I only do these in my head. Today, however, I would like a written record that I’m halfway to becoming my mother. And that that’s great. You can guess which answers are her legacy and which are dirty, dirty me. Hint: she doesn't like Schubert much.

1. Of all the bands & artists in your collection, which one do you own the most cd’s by?
Mozart. Hah!

2. What was the last song you listened to?
Body Movin’ from the Beastie Boys, but that was over the gym PA and thus doesn’t count. The last one I listened to on purpose was Un pensiero nemico di pace, which is fitting, as my thoughts are the opposite of peaceful right now.

3. What’s in your CD player right now?
Opera Proibita, Vivaldi, and a retrospective mix of 2004 pop

4. What is your favourite instrument?
Meeeeeeeeeee! Though I need tuning.

5. Who’s your favourite local band?
Golden Dogs

6. What was the last concert you attended?
Casual TSO show. With my mum.

7. What was the greatest concert you’ve ever been to?
Il barbiere de Siviglia from Opera Lyra, but that was probably the drugs. Sans drugs, Brazilian Girls, I was clean that night, I think. Or maybe the Kathleen Battle gala in Ottawa in 2001. Neil Young's was the best set I ever heard, but he came on right after Oasis so I can't really say it's the best concert.

8. What’s the worst band you’ve ever seen in concert?
Oasis. But Neil Young came on almost right after so I didn't really care.

9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
I don't hate people. Well, maybe Simon Cowell for creating Il Divo, but I'd probably brake if I saw him crossing the street.

10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
I’ve probably never understood how important it is to me better than right now.

11. What show are you looking forward to?
Magic Flute, my birthday, eeeeeeeeeee!

12. What is your favourite band shirt?
I AM NOT A FUCKING BILLBOARD. Even for a band.

13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Bach

14. What musician would you like to be in love with you for a day?
Just for a day? So if he wasn’t in Toronto I wouldn’t actually be able to nail him? Hmm. Does Leonard Cohen count as a musician? I want someone to write poetry about me.

15. What was your last musical “phase” before you wizened up?
I think the kids call it “I’m turning into my mum, nooooooooo, crank the bass! (snnrrrrrrrrrrorrrt) boom-tss-boom-tss-boom-tss . . .”

16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Sabbath. But I bet there's some lovely grass in Riverdale Park whose growing I could listen to instead.

17. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music nerd?
No, it makes me look like my mum.

18. What was the greatest decade for music?
Easily 1790’s. Mozart, Beethoven, and Haydn are active. Paganini debuts. The Beijing Opera is born, as is Rossini, Donizetti, and Schubert. And I just came.

19. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
The Godfather, in terms of the cinematic experience. Though Run Lola Run is the only one I’ve ever bought, and I still listen to it seven years later. So there you are.

20. What would you be without music?
Inhuman. See Singing Neanderthals.

2 commenti:

Masonic Boom ha detto...

Heh. :-)

You're welcome.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

To thank you, I'm going to suggest you go to an Indian bakery and get a sweet with lots and lots of poppyseed in it. Vicious pain aside, that has fixed me.