martedì, ottobre 09, 2007

The Probation of Mistress La Spliffe

Read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and all I can say is that Dorothy Sayers is way, way better than Agatha Christie. But then Dorothy Sayers is way better than everybody. Nice twist there, Agatha. You could tell she was pretty proud of it. In fact, it was way too easy to tell how proud she was. Still. I suppose it was a big innovation at the time. Blah.

Getting into a bit of a funk. I wish my probation was over; I wish I'd been getting any sort of feedback besides a periodic 'oh, great market report' or 'oh, good story.' Yabbut . . . are enough of the market reports good? Are enough of the stories good? Are you going to sack me, or are you going to keep giving me lots of money every month so I can get my eyes operated on and have a comfortable old age? Today being October 10, I believe, we're down to the wire. 20 more physical days - October 30, it ends. The normal probationary period in Belgiumland is three months, not six, which means I could have started really emotionally settling down here three months ago. But I do see that wouldn't have been realistic. I wasn't doing all my job yet three months ago.

They'd better not sack me. One of the girls there just bought a Wii and I want to be able to go to her place after work to get high and play with it. And I'm starting to like it there, too. Oh well. We'll see.

2 commenti:

Dale ha detto...

If they sack you and you come back, you can play with my Wii. That didn't sound right did it?

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

It doesn't have to be right to be good.