giovedì, novembre 08, 2007

It's not November all year

What with having given the summer a miss, I'd forgotten all about it, but this is the premier cranky time of year. The Young American stormed out of work yesterday, Madame Pariyorker is in a state, I feel the world is cruelly indifferent to my potentialities and I make everyone around me pay for it, people keep going on stress leave and it's just so fucking dark.

Sigh. Time to join the gym. That'll cheer me up some - and I have to remember it's only going to keep on getting worse for less then a month and a half before it starts getting better.

The good news is the Young American's husband who works in catering keeps getting spare food, so the other day I brought home about 30 oranges that I've been juicing. I consider juicing an abomination because of all the associated wastage but when someone gives you 30 free oranges and you have a hand reamer, you'll make orange juice, even if it means feeling slightly decadent when there are starving people in the world, and even though you're trembling with laughter a bit because you're reaming something. Heh heh heh.

6 commenti:

Hilts ha detto...

Hmm= I wonder. How easy do you think would it be to make tomato juice -(not this yer as frost has downed my plants for the year)or cucumber juice. Is cucumber juice even tasty??

Baywatch ha detto...

love the new Berlin pix!

Dale ha detto...

You're sort of like The Grim Reamer in a way now. I like that.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Hilts, you can make juice out of anything that squeezes through muslin - I have no practical idea but I imagine it would be like making sauce - slow cook the tomatoes for an hour - but without peeling them so you can get the taste from right under the skin, and then letting them cool and straining out the juice with muslin or cheesecloth. I'm just guessing though.

Thanks Baywatch, I'll put up more later . . .

Grim Reamer. Nice. That's what I'll change it to if I ever stop mistressing the spliffe.

Melbine ha detto...

Yeah, I'm starting to get cranky over on this side of the pond as well. It has a lot to do with the little one inside starting to crampy my style. :)

Mmmm...freshly hand-squeezed orange juice...that would make everything a lot more bearable.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Try it - you guys are probably rich enough to get your own juicer instead of reaming them - but reaming them is more fun to talk about.