sabato, novembre 19, 2005

Fucking pirates

Fuck them. I watched a pirated copy of A History of Violence last night and it stopped, like, five minutes before the end . . . and those five minutes would have probably made up my mind about whether or not I liked it. Bloody bootlegs! I've never bought one myself and now I guess I won't in the future. It has decided me to reward myself for finishing my glossary today (I shall overcome) by going to see The Constant Gardener in an actual cinema somewhere someday.

Anyways, I'm in a Red Dragon Pisser today. Nothing's actually the matter, besides your standard creepy zeitgeist and my life being eaten by my thesis and - hmm - something I can't quite put my finger on. Oh yeah. Viggo Mortensen has never gone down on me. Ever! Isn't that the richest bullshit you've ever heard? I pay my taxes and put my pants on one leg at a time. So what the hell is up with that? Oh shut up, Mlle. One day, when I have the money and the professional flexibility, I'm going to ride out the Red Dragon liminal-style during spirit-quests in the forest; eating raw meat, smoking reefer, and howling at the moon. Until that day, here's an utterly too-too photograph of the inspirational tsunami hippo-tortoise pair to cheer me up and make you feel better for reading my whinge.

2 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Fair enough, The first time I saw the second part of Lord ot the Rings was in a hopelessly foreign language with subtitles done by someone who couldn't tell the difference between oaks and orcs. A minor difference maybe, but there both oaks and orcs come up a lot in that movie.

And when I saw a Chinese kung-fu movie - not Hidden Tiger Couching Dragon and not Hero, but the one that came out after that - the one with the dudes shooting bamboo spear things - it was so badly translated and had so much dialogue left out that it seemed like such a shitty movie although it probably wasn't.

Anyway...

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

That reminds me of the English subtitles on 'Declin de l'empire américain'. Everytime I watch that movie I'm so stoned I put on the subtitles just in case my brain stops understanding French, and every time there's a part of my brain marvelling at how shitty the translation is.