giovedì, dicembre 15, 2005

The Red Dragon Goes to the Launderette

I watched CNN out of the corner of my eye at the launderette last night. CNN's a joke, right? Tell me it’s a complete fucking joke. They had a segment called 'Life’s Little Annoyances', which was about pet peeves and dealing with them. And then a segment with this awful, awful woman called Paula something.

SUDAN! TURKMENISTAN! KURDISH HOMELAND! BREAKDOWN OF THE FRAGILE PEACE BETWEEN ERITREA AND ETHIOPIA! FUCKING GORGEOUS ITALIAN FOOTBALLERS! SCIENTISTS GENETICALLY ALTERING MICE SO THEY NO LONGER FEEL FEAR AND THE IMPLICATIONS THAT HAS FOR PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS! These things are news. America's pet peeves are not.

CNN! YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! YOU PACK OF EMASCULATED SISSY BARBIE DOLLS, IF WATERGATE HAPPENED NOW YOU’D SNORT LINES OF COKE OFF IT! You know what floods me with patriotism, even when it’s dumb? CBC Newsworld. Because at least it isn’t fucking CNN. I HATE CNN!

Besides CNN, and the fucking awful voice of the fucking awful Paula woman, sitting waiting for my drying was lovely. I got to read something that wasn't thesis-centric, which I hardly ever have time for except before falling asleep or in the metro going to lessons. It was Relations between the Ego and the Unconscious, and I read the sort of passage that makes converts. You know when you see yourself in the dogma, and then are far more able to take all the zany things about the belief system with a grain of salt? I saw not only a description of myself (which any putz could manage as is evidenced by the bitter testimony of my exes) but an explanation.

So I now belong to the Church of Jung. If I try to proselytize, slap me. OH SWEET MOTHERFUCKING SON OF A LOUSY WHOREMONGER'S BITCH! I HAVEN'T DONE MY POXY PANTSY CHRISTMAS CARDS YET! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nessun commento: