mercoledì, dicembre 14, 2005

Red Dragon versus Christmas

My goodness. So many people have been in a shit mood lately. I've been snappier myself, but I have the luxury this week of writing that off to red dragon riding. Every Christmas the way people turn on each other like animals shocks me. The pressure is fucking mental. Work goes nuts (in my case anyways, with agencies foaming at the mouth to get their commercials on air before we close for the holidays), relationships melt down, and gifting people you care about is NOT FUCKING EASY. Last night I spent hours making people TWO mixed CDs when I should have been at the gym, washing my hair, doing laundry, or sending out my bloody fucking Christmas cards. I need a servile doppelganger, is what I need. All I can say is thank fuck I did my shopping back in October. I just can't stand that motherfucking vapid ball-less X-mas cheer shit they pipe into the shopping malls and to circumnavigate being subjected to it, the shopping has to be pre-Halloween - bloody sick if you ask me.

Yes, yes, we're happy Jeebus was born, and we understand everybody is on holiday in August so that would be a dumb time to celebrate it. We're happy the time is fast approaching when the days get longer instead of shorter. We're all looking forward to a new year when we become better people because we follow through on our awesome resolutions. But I personally don't want to celebrate all these things by listening to a sisterfucking synthesizer playing 'Santa Baby' over some shitty PA while a bunch of fat guys paw through lingerie, brows furrowed in confused desperation, getting in my way and pissing me off, please and thank you.

2 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

DIDN'T YOU JUST GET YOUR PERIOD? what - are you on a 15-day cycle or something?

jeebus chris!

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

According to this blog, my last ride the 19 of November, so I think my bits are working normal. You were probably fooled by how I put a picture of a red dragon in my avatar because I couldn't find a cartoon cat like Lexie.

There's some irony, but not hypocrisy, in the fact I make fun of over-personal blogs yet manage to map my menstrual cycle out with this one. Because, honestly, you'd have to be a fucking idiot to spend any time with me and not know when it was on.