venerdì, gennaio 20, 2006

Everybody is the devil today

Yeeeeeah . . . so . . . I try to avoid writing personal things here, and today won't be much of an exception. But I had a really good session last night with my Jungian analyst after I told him I was starting to feel a little de-centred as we proceeded. I reckon I'm feeling even more de-centred today, but that's not so bad. My centre was a bit unhelpful when it was there.

Anyways, talk got onto love, and he said that it's like a joke; when you describe love it doesn't sound like love at all. I saw his point. The weird ideas of justice that let you fucking rip right into each other as if you were worst enemies, in a goose-for-the-gander way - all so extra nasty if you combine them with a scrabble for the moral high ground! And then that goddamn refrain, "I'm not angry", when you so, so are. And still are, fucking years later. I bet lots of people stay together just to go on taking out their anger on the lover they figure owes them because they did them wrong. I'm talking mostly about me, but not only. I sense some reckonings approaching in the next eight weeks, and I don't mean writing an angry email to the manager.

I'm dreaming of a day when two people, one of whom is me, says "This happened to you, that happened to me, and it's part of us now, but this mix of us is new - it's never happened before." Clean slate? Sorta-no-not-really. But something like that.

Okay, I'll write something snarky about the Pope later to get the taste of that out of your mouth. This post is so introspective I can't think of an appropriate picture to break up the typing. So here's one of some bizarre deep sea creature washed to shore by that catastrophic tsunami.

UPDATE

No, I'll write about Yahoo. It's fucking evil. Maybe even more evil than MSN. Call me Utopian, but I reckon the invisible hand of the free market and a universal aspiration to the middle class are the only things that will save the world. Obviously, the invisible hand can't do its work without freedom of communication. So MSN and Yahoo can fuck themselves and Chinese law right in the fucking ear, the shitbags. They're businesses like any other - but I hope to fuck consumers make an informed choice about using them so they understand where their interests really lie. Which is in not being fucking dicks facilitating the survival of a repressive government whose Byzantine, fucked up, messy, staggered economic reforms are probably hindering the development of the country. Holy fucking fuck.

It's certainly more worth getting upset about than McDonald's being worse for you than the cooking of your keen vegan-chef girlfriend. God, the more I think about Morgan Spurlock, the more he pisses me off. He goes through that ridiculousness, McDick's recoups its market share in no time by throwing some healthier-looking chicken based items on the menu, and its labour and supply practices don't fucking change at all. Faaaaaaaack.

4 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

I find it strange that people can be meaner to the people that they love then to strangers on the street who they have no connection to whatsoever.

Also, I like words that are 3 words in one.

Whatsoever.
Nonetheless.

Also, shamefully, I like McDonalds. And I would like to point out that you can eat there and make healthy choices too. Maybe not all the time, but there are yummy healthy things on the menu. For example, the BLT ranch salad is so great. And if you switch the ranch for a nice viniagrette dressing it's even better. And who doesn't like a McFlurry. Fuckin' no one.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Cali, I would eat at McDonald's every fucking day if they served hashbrowns after 11pm, or whatever retarded hour it is they stop serving them at.

Mmmmmm. McDonald's hashbrowns. You notice they didn't show Morgan Spurlock eating those. You know why? Because he probably did, and could only react by saying 'Holy fuck! These are so good! I've been wasting my life!' And the audience's time, bitch. And the audience's time.

Lady ha detto...

you're pretty when you're angry.
cheers to moving forward.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

You're pretty when you wrap up a translation double-time. Hell, you're just pretty.