domenica, gennaio 08, 2006

Wintertime, and the weather is shitty

I spent Saturday being a mental GIANT. Sometimes I can't believe the words that come out of my mouth - it's as though I have a capacity for speech that has nothing to do with brain function. The fact that Gilles Duceppe must have a child, which I cleverly deduced aloud from the fact that he has grandchildren (I was confusing him with André Boisclair, which is the opposite of an excuse) was probably the winner. My mental giganticism showed no signs of shrinkage in the wee hours of the new day as I dropped my phone while stealing a cheap-ass poster of Karl Marx. Of course it exploded and of course the SIM card is gone. That means your numbers are too, if I ever had them, so send them to me.

Yeah.

Footwork had a commie night. The theme-ing was restricted to some colour-printer cheap-ass propaganda and the staff wearing the hammer and sickle. Also the music was a little Big Shiny Tunes (which Lady says isn't typical), playing up to my personal prejudice that non-Latin (vulgate?) communists have shit taste in music. But it's a nice space. So yay Footwork. I'll see you when you're feeling better.

8 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

So, given one year, how many Poles does it take to build a lighbulb-screwing-in device that would otherwise take a team of 12 people 1 year to build?

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Uhm, one? I don't know, how many?

Anonimo ha detto...

Ummmm... Wrooong!

Hint: Look at the picture.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Threeeeeee?

Anonimo ha detto...

Right! You win a time trip for two to 1956 Albania - an exciting opportunity to see workers' paradise for yourself... (The poster says: "We are working in a trio - we are building for 12".)

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

So are they building a worker's paradise? Or is it paradise because they're working? Or it is a worker's paradise because everybody who isn't working is in shit? Oh, worker's paradise. It confuses me even more than the end of 'Chinatown'.

Anonimo ha detto...

It's worker's paradise because the workers are not exploited and oppressed by the burgeoisie and so they can reap the fruits of their labour. And the work they do doesn't benefit an evil factory owner but rather the whole workers' society which will therefore become a true paradise for all workers.

Do you see how things are getting better and better?

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Yeah. Work's for the birds. I think that's the main problem with a worker's paradise.