domenica, novembre 25, 2007

Oh Tony, they're beautiful

Had a good birthday. F-word broke the bank on a pair of beeeeeyoutiful hiking/mountaineering type boots and I had a bit of a Carmella Soprano moment when we went into the outdoor equpiment store and told me to choose whatever my little heart desired. It turns out inappropriately inexpensive presents really do make me feel more affectionate. Then we went to Maastricht and smoked away the lousy weather while munching canoli and drinking champagne with a couple friends. Nice.

Paolo Szot is coming to Belgium. Long, long, long term readers of my blog, of which I think there's, oh, none left now that people keep moving to Web 2.0 (spelling mistakes in real time!) know what I think of Paolo Szot, whose schedule is linked on the sidebar so that if I ever get the time and inclination to be a groupie I can do so easily. He was Escamillo in, and the only good thing about, "Carmen" when it went down at the Hummingbird Centre a couple of years ago - besides the orchestra and the chubby blonde who sang the higher part in 'Melons, coupons'.

Anyways, he was sex on legs, or rather sex projected by a booming rich baritone, and my standard forever about what an Escamillo should be. Sexy. Now he's going to be Count Almaviva in "Le nozze di Figaro" in Ghent and my guess is he'll be sexy in that too. Stay tuned.

Nessun commento: