martedì, novembre 13, 2007

The Red Dragon warms her chilly bones

Baby steps, baby steps. Everybody in Brussels has a cold except me. Maybe my immune system still exists. Maybe it's even getting stronger. Since I arrived I've been the office's early warning system for each new bug making the rounds but I feel fine and others are out of commission. Maybe some day I'll actually give a round of the common cold a miss.

Fell violently in lust with my tai yogilates instructor last night, which was the highlight of a lackadaisical class. When he was telling us to 'elevez vos hanches' and demonstrating, I certainly exercised my imagining muscles, even if my core muscles remained untouched. Tai yogilates is sexy in French. The gym I joined on Monday is the Easyjet of the health club world - no frills, not a single one, besides a propensity towards hiring attractive instructors. No soap in the showers, no water fountains, nothing. I like it though - all the machines are new and fantabulous, and it only costs 25 a month.

I joined the gym just in time. Though I'm in good shape at the mo from all the walking and healthy living, I need extra aerobic exercise to keep my bones hot because it's fucking COLD here. My apartment is COLD. Also my apartment is now too COLD to shower in so I need to do so at the gym - an excellent incentive to actually show up, as is the fact it's right next to the office.

Nessun commento: