giovedì, febbraio 07, 2008

The Red Dragon likes a good dramedy

So despite my alienation from the Catholic church, I still usually like to give something up for Lent, and this year I think it will be ribbing on Belgians. It'd be necessary, anyways, as I keep meeting too many that I like, and they always seem to be into something arty or whatnot, a sort of sense of joy in being creative that most of us loose around 16. It's got to the point that I can't ascribe it to living in an 'arty' neighborhood anymore. But we're still leaving and I still think that if I was Flemish I'd want to break up.

That means it's back to ribbing on the French, which is easy at the moment as their president is an absolute monkey. Nicholas Sarkozy has married the aging supermodel Carla Bruni, who just had a naked photospread published in a Spanish men's mag, a couple of weeks after the Daily Mail published excerpts from an interview of her expressing her dislike for France and French people, and reportedly 8 days after he sent a text message to the aging model wife who'd dumped him mere months ago, saying 'if you come back, I'll call everything off.' God, this is awesome. Usually I feel too guilty about voyeuring the messy human angles to really revel wholeheartedly in famous people's soap operas, but this rocks because Nicholas Sarkozy is a nasty little proto-fascist and Carla Bruni is a professional exhibitionist who ascribes her need to monumentally notch her bedpost to being Italian.

Now we all go through our bedpost-notching periods, Italian or not, but please - if you're going to be the sort of attention-starved succubus who publicly bangs much more famous, or much less famous for that matter, married or otherwise inappropriate men in droves, then just fucking own it. There are literally millions of Italian women who either aren't sluts or are sluts quietly. Although I'm getting tonnes of laughs from Nicholas Sarkozy's midlife crisis, I think I'm enjoying Carla Bruni's even more. The naked pictures in the Spanish mag - naked but for her engagement ring (the same one that Sarkozy gave his ex-wife! Awesome!) and some whore boots were the winner for me. Her face has had so much work done it's like it's floating, disembodied, above the rest of her - a strange mask that has more an air of panic than an actual expression.

6 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

oh Carla. i didn't think she'd actually marry him. i thought she fuck'n'chuck, leaving him broken and crawling back to his ex-wife.

oh well, it really goes to show that marriage doesn't really mean anything. sure does make the news interesting though, don't it? sarkozy is entertainment for hours.

so you guys moving to France?

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

We're thinking about it. Depends on how proto-fascist the itty bitty prezzy wezzy turns out to be, and on a million other things. Anyways, that's for way way in the future. Come visit.

Hilts ha detto...

so, um, exactley , um, could, um, someone find such fotos...... i mean, of the ring...... oh, and the boots....... and, well, all of her ??

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

Don't tell me a catholic like you hasn't found Google Image yet! Try 'Carla Bruni pose nue'.

Dale ha detto...

As long as you don't give up Bruni and Sarkozy, you're assured your place in blogging heaven.

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

How could I give them up?