sabato, novembre 05, 2005

Niceosity

Time to deal with the urban legend that nice guys finish last. Look. When you see us dating assholes, we’re not dating them because they’re assholes, we’re dating them because they’re so fucking hot it doesn’t matter that they’re assholes. Just like you don’t date a hot bitch because she’s a bitch, but because she’s so hot the bitchiness doesn’t matter. When you see us rejecting nice guys, it’s because we don’t find them as attractive as the people we don’t reject. Just like you don’t reject a hot chick because she’s nice. I hope not, anyways, because that would be dumb.

And when you see us actually in love - and not in that same state of retarded weepiness men get in when they fall for a hot bitch, which they do every day without women complaining about how nice girls finish last - it’s with guys who are attractive to us AND nice. Maybe I’ve never been with Roméo Dallaire – see below – but there have been times when I‘ve been lucky enough to be absolutely in love. And it wasn’t with no asshole, whatever I may have yelled from time to time. Born to trouble as the sparks fly upwards, we are . . .

Before you decide niceness is for the birds and you start slipping girls Roofies, think. Are you being nice to be ingratiating, or because you’re a nice person? If it’s ingratiation or comes off as such (excessive attention, playful but premature jealousy, and super-fast emotional declarations are just three ways this can come about) it’s not really nice, and will make gun-shy chicks like me (who are a dime a dozen) nervous. Believe me, the Swiss was about the ‘nicest’ man I’d ever met, and now when I meet someone quite that ‘nice’ I ask myself what levels of sadism he’s willing to drag me through.

Then if you’re nice because you’re just a nice person, you don’t have a choice. All you can do is keep it up until you find the chicks that think you’re hot too. Do you honestly want to be with someone who’s only there for your personality anyways? Because here's the lowdown: NOBODY IS EVER THERE JUST FOR THE PERSONALITY.

5 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

can i get a amen?
amen, beeatch! amen.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

You know it, hot b:tch!

Emlyn ha detto...

I'm just exactly sure how this dispels the 'myth' of the nice guy. (Or girl; of course the reverse is true, though I wonder if as much so.) Unless I've misunderstood, it sounds like you're saying:

a) given a choice between buff asshole and average nice guy, you--and like-minded-women--choose Mr.Firmandtautass;

b) that niceness is, in and of itself, not sufficient for attractiveness;

c) and that attractiveness is ultimately the deciding factor anyway.

Personally, I can't divide personality and attractiveness, anyway--what a girl says, how she says it, her actions all make a huge difference in how I feel about her. I've dated girls I wasn't terribly attacted to at first, and the longer I was with her the more beautiful she seemed to become. It was her 'niceness', not her very large boobs, that pulled me in.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Yep, you've misunderstood, I think because you don't know what 'hot' means to a chick. It's not simply Mr. Firmandtautass, and if that's what you think it is, you aren't as egalitarian as you think you are and you haven't yet met the sort of woman who finds you hot. Nice guys don't finish last, was my point. Like everybody, they finish where they ought if they're lucky - with someone who is able to love them.

Although I can promise you wouldn't last two minutes in a woman's skin if societal pressure to be beautiful already hurts you, I understand the frustration of being single. So I can live with you making cracks about how slipping a chick Roofies and beating her up might be a good way to interact with her, despite the hurt it calls up when I think of chicks I know who have been slipped Roofies and beaten up. But I will say 'niceness' thinly veiling a generalized resentment is another thing that spooks gun-shy chicks.

Lady ha detto...

your eloquence continues to astound and enlighten. bravo!