mercoledì, dicembre 28, 2005

2005 and its goodnesses

Usually I only mention movies to talk about how much they suck, but yesterday the Cs brought over the 40 Year Old Virgin on their way out of town and, unbaked, I nearly peed myself. Solid all around - solid supporting cast, solid plot, and Steve Carrell was awfully sympathetic. But I won't go on about it because this movie got on everybody's 2005 'Top Ten Something Good' lists so just breathe in and out a few times and you'll hear an ode to its praises.

Top 10 lists are an interesting way to take stock of the year. Here's my Top Ten Something Good list for 2005 - the order is subjective so I'll just use symbols:

!: The reefer from the man on the west side with the huge pitbull and the loft furnished only with a ping-pong table. That's some yummy fucking reefer. Definitely the top reefer of 2005, although

@: Lady's adoooooooorable dealer was another top something-good of 2005. That boy makes me want to make babies with him who look just like him. And then pinch his cheeks, and go 'awwwwwww!'. Which reminds me

#: Getting to know Lady and her circle better was a top something-good thing of 2005. She's smart, even when she pretends not to be, and funny as a 40 year old virgin. Her friends and family live up to the standard.

$: My cat, Galaxy. Yes, she has her own webpage. Yes, she write haikus. Fuck you. Ever since she moved in it's like my apartment has been haunted with cuteness.

%: My apartment. If I'm of the mental state to create a web page for my cat, it's probably time I lived alone, so I do, in my favourite apartment ever. As I write it's possible someone has broken in and stolen my stuff because that neighborhood has more than a touch of sketch. But if not I'm as happy as a clam in shit there.

^: My job. I complain about it a lot, but the money is fun and it gives me the mental liberty, shall we say, to maintain this blog and do alot of other fun stuff.

&: Toronto. I think it's taken this long for me to settle down into this city after the years abroad. France was a shit-storm in a lot of ways. Toronto and its people and charms have helped me get back to %100. It's a good city for entertaining, and has been good for the guests I've had who have really needed entertaining. It's also acting as a sort of seive, catching people I used to know who I'm getting to know again as they move there. I miss Toronto. Tomorrow, my precious, I'm back in your arms.

*: All the reconciliations: with the people whose exes I'd slept with, with FEB, with my advisor if he behaves his motherfucking self, and talking properly with highschool people. The only spot of negativity is the promise to kill me someday from the Swiss. But I probably need one nemesis to keep me on my toes, and he's Swiss, so I like my chances. As long as I don't have to face him in a chocolaterie, defensive nuclear conflict, or profiteering-from-a-global-descent-into-martial-chaos type situation. Joking. I still love the Swiss, as you can tell from the next top ten thing:

): Carl Jung and finding religion. I've found a belief system my intellect is permitting me to fall head over heels for, which is what a good Catholic girl searches for from the time she turns thirteen and realizes the Church is corrupt, conservative to the point of evil, and wants her to squeeze her brand new titties back into her chest.

(: Opera. Opera lessons, opera recordings, opera performances, three motherfucking cheers for opera. That shit makes me physically happier than all the sex I've had over the last two years put together.

Is that ten? There were alot of others - discoveries of older things, like Denys Arcand movies; ongoing enjoyments of old things, like whacking off; renaissances of old dormant passions, like Blundstones after a couple of years of Docs (laces are for suckers, fuck); and things that first came out this year, like Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 2005 had its moments, for sure. Here's to it.

5 commenti:

Lady ha detto...

:blush:
aw shucks bitchelatti!

three cheers to the most adorable dealer a pair of girls could EVER ask for. man, we used to CALL each other whenever he came 'round so that we could both enjoy the cuteness of him. "and then he said..." eeeek!

man, he's worth every golden dollar i've spent on WAY too much reefer this year.

Anonimo ha detto...

When are you coming home? Today? Tomorrow?

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

Oh, with his little bike and nice reefer and big sparkly eyes. Siiiiigh.

Tomorrow, Cali. My train is due in at 18h30 but this fucker is invariably late. Is my sugar cat still okay?

Anonimo ha detto...

Yes your cat is a-ok.

And as of this morning, your apartment was free from break-ins, although may I add there are a lot of sketch ass characters lurking around Parliament street in the night.

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

There suuuuuurely are. You'd think the cold weather would keep them away, but it doesn't. Remind me to take crack with me if I ever go anywhere Arctic.