venerdì, dicembre 23, 2005

Dee dee dee dee dee dee dee-dee-dee dee-dee-dee dee-dee dee-dee dee dee

Please do yourself a fucking favour. Stop paying attention to Mariah Carey carols, the shit-pot over taking the Christ out of Christmas, and whatever bullshit toy whatever bullshit anything is promoting. And tell yourself that Christmas in particular and the New Year in general is about the magical, renewal, and making this world a little more beautiful.

For me, the best way to do this seems to be the Nutcracker. Maybe I ate too many mushrooms during my undergrad, maybe I'm insane, or maybe Wednesday's dream analysis session peeled back a few more layers than I was expecting. But the beauty of the National Ballet's production last night made me cry, and I wasn't the only one. I'm still too enchanted (and fucking exhausted - this week has been a cocktail of heavy work, heavy drinking, heavy cannabis consumption, intelligent conversation and emotionally cathartic experiences so I'm a little spent) to dip into it.

Instead, a plea. Please treat yourself to the combination of flawless music, artistry of human movement, and communication with all the most beautiful parts of the human unconsciousness that a good production of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker can provide. Failing that, pay attention to something else that reminds you of the divine in us.

And you've got a one-joke limit on the 'nut' in the title, infant.

Nessun commento: