domenica, dicembre 18, 2005

Spirits

I've been having a shitty attitude all weekend. I haven't yet entered into the spirit of season and am feeling the bare minimum of good will towards men. To fight this, at twilight I'm off to listen to a soprano and harpist do seasonal things at a caker church. Gotta say the Catholics are sucking for the sacred music this season. Catholics are sucking generally. You'd think they'd have to counterbalance all the nuttiness with this new German dink by doing lots of pretty music. But nooooo.

My art-pusher, who I had a good chat with whilst buying things Picasso for my brother (having to order Bum, nobody seems to have it, which is shocking), may have a line on a part-time job for me that lets me listen to three TSO concerts a week. Some extra scratch wouldn't be remiss considering all the ways I run through my income, especially as I need to save money for the thesis trip and the notion of saving money is completely counter-intuitive for me. Also, three concerts a week, fuck. And they finish early enough to carry on with one's night afterwards. Still, how? What habits can I give up to get time to do this? I'm thinking either thesis or paying attention to boys.

At Lady's do last night (which came nearer to getting me into the spirit of the season than anything else so far) Mr. R talked up his frustration about not having time to write. I sympathize. Besides dream descriptions, I'm not writing anything (including, incidentally, my sisterfucking Christmas cards). I can't complain the writing phase of of the thesis is finished, oh heavens no, but at least it provided justification for not writing properly. So what habits can I give up to get back into it again, if 'thesis and paying attention to boys' time goes to the symphony? I should outfit my bike for winter - knock 40 minutes a day off the work commute alone. But that's counter-intuitive too - fucking winter. I fucking hate fucking winter.

By the by, did you know Word, while recognizing ‘fuck’ as a verb (I fuck, I am fucking) and as an adjective (fucking winter), won’t recognize it as a verb modifier (I fucking hate fucking winter)? Fucking Word. I think I know what the programmers need to listen to.

Nessun commento: