mercoledì, dicembre 21, 2005

Equal and opposite

Yesterday work pissed me off something royal. FEB told me: 'the blues will pass'. Blues? thought I. What the fuck? I'm angry! But is there a difference? My blues are reactive. I wasn't raised to sit and mope - doesn't make the blues less the blues. I'm not sure sitting and moping is all bad. Some snap decisions I've made while having the blues could have used a few moment's reflection.

Anyways, yesterday's snap decision was to start looking for a job more in line with my aptitudes, aspirations, attitudes, and other none-insulting A words. I have two interviews already. We shall see what we shall see. It doesn't feel like it was one of the bad snap decisions, like contracting that Swiss asshole. But that could be because when Miss C showed up from Van City last night at 1, we killed a bottle of wine and some bowls, discussed the human mind for hours, and are now too tired to be self-critical.

Nonetheless. It's been awhile since I understood reactions are still decisions. In a North American bourgeois milieu blaming the world, the people we love or hate, or our age for what we choose to do is totally counterproductive. I just wish I could remember that all the time.

As Lady constantly says,

SUCK IT UP!

1 commento:

Mistress La Spliffe ha detto...

You taste it less if you swallow.

You know, some metaphors shouldn't be over-extended . . .