domenica, giugno 17, 2007

Never so sugary

Went back to the instrument museum with my mum, who is visiting, and managed to get through the whole thing because we started early. That meant we got to go to the yummy and reasonably priced restaurant on the roof - delish though too salty, like all 'classy' food. Got to listen to my fave thing again - let's see what YouTube has in the way of that - not much. Oh well. Look out for the Ivory Coast horns when you go. Got to see and hear the glass harmonica too. So can you, because YouTube sucks less for that. Enjoy.

3 commenti:

Sugarplum ha detto...

I'm always amazed when I travel by the new and interesting musical instruments I encounter. I couldn't imagine them all being in one place and under one roof. Are you allowed to touch them? I believe you said before there were recordings of each instrument?

I took a lesson from a little old lady in a kimono on the Japanese guitar. The music was written very different and she sang the note I was to play. I had to be on my knees and I barely lasted 15 minutes before my entire bottom half went numb and started to throb. But I'll never forget that guitar lesson!

Dread Pirate Jessica ha detto...

They had nice Jap music there too. They gave you radio headphones so that when you went close to the instrument display you could hear them being played.

You couldn't touch them, but I heard that there's an instrument museum in Berlin where you can play with replicas at the ground or basement level.

Sugarplum ha detto...

Hmmmmm. Fun.